Tuesday 30 November 2010

Exquisite Corpse and other stuff

I've started up a game of Conlang Exquisite Corpse amongst members of the conlang mailing list. What's Exquisite Corpse? It's a surrealist writing technique, where a group of people take turns to contribute to a text, each having limited knowledge of what has gone before. In this case, I've sent a sentence in Khangaþyagon to somebody, who has to translate it and write a followon sentence in his own conlang. He then passes his sentence (not mine) onto the next person in the chain. By the time it gets back to me, I expect the story to be about something completely different from what I started it off as.

I've also been running a little experiment with some volunteers from the conlang mailing list to see how native English speakers perceive the sounds of an unfamiliar language. I'll post the results here in a couple of days.

I've also been thinking about my Incorporating Romlang. I think I might introduce a vowel harmony system, and then break it on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment