Saturday 1 March 2014

The Lego Movie

My children had been wanting to go to The Lego Movie for ages, so this afternoon we finally gave in and took them. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it much myself, but I did. Good children's stuff is just as enjoyable for grown ups. Without giving too much away, it's a bit like a U-rated parody of The Matrix. However, if it's a parody, it's better than the original. And the moral of the story, "Don't just follow the instructions, be creative" is pretty much the point of Lego. One of my proudest moments as a dad was when my son took his Millenium Falcon to bits so that he could build other things with it. Talking of which, I was amused by the Star Wars minifigs being voiced by the original actors.

A bonus is that it may have got my daughter interested in Lego, in a way that Lego Friends never could.

No comments:

Post a Comment